Friday, May 27, 2016

Perfect Marriage Artwork with Freebie!

I went to a painting party the other day and decided to make something I could use in combination with my Silhouette machine. My master bedroom is in yellows and grays so I made this simple bird painting and left room for a quote I love about marriage.



I will be honest and confess that forgot how hard it is to get vinyl (Oracal 651) to adhere to canvas. You have to go slowly, burnish hard and I think using a blow dryer helped a little. I am adding the free file of this quote here: perfect marriage (studio3 file)

This would be a beautiful wedding gift on a mirror, shadow box, or anything for the newlyweds!

I love this quote because it states so much truth. We are imperfect and the best marriages are between people who know that about themselves and walk in humility. I'm currently reading this book by Dave Harvey and it is a great picture of how we need God's grace but also need to give that grace to our spouse. We are going to make mistakes. We are going to have rough days. As Christ followers though, we can remember that we are far from perfect and ask for forgiveness. Each day is a new opportunity to love and live better.


“A great awareness of one’s sinfulness often stands side by side with great joy and confidence in God.” 
― Dave HarveyWhen Sinners Say "I Do": Discovering the Power of the Gospel for Marriage

No comments:

Post a Comment