Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Drugstore Makeup All-Stars

I'm a drugstore makeup lover. Having four kids and a modest makeup budget means I have to find the best for less. I think drugstore level cosmetics have come a long way in the last 20 years. I remember when they were much lower pigmented than the luxury brands. Now, you really get far more for your money. I browse a lot at superstores but I buy most of my makeup from Amazon. Prime allows me to get it quickly and the prices are just as good as brick and mortar stores if not better. I also really like reading reviews and knowing that these products are rated highly. I supplement this with goodies from my Ipsy box subscription. Here are some of my current drugstore favorites:


My current foundation is Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse. It doesn't have sun protection but I use a moisturizer that has SPF30 so I don't feel I need it. It goes on super smooth. I use a beauty blender type sponge from H&M and it blends great.


This blush is so cheap, lasts forever and is amazing! It has a luminous finish and leaves a soft glow.
I have this Burt's Bees lip gloss in Fall Foliage because I love soft neutral lip colors. This moisturizes and lasts long. Great over a lipstick or by itself.
This is a great eyeshadow palette I bought from Amazon. It is a copycat of that popular but pricey palette from Urban Decay. Great assortment of colors.
I saw this mascara in a review in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and couldn't resist based on their reviews. They were right! This mascara really lengthens and thickens! I love the curved brush and that I only need one quick coat.
I'm usually not a liquid eyeliner fan but this one won me over. The title says it all. It is so precise! It's like the finest point marker you can imagine and then it blends very well.
This concealer gets great reviews and it is easy to see why. It works great to illuminate under the eyes and works well to cover the redness I have around my nose. I don't know why but I love getting a new one and cranking it until I can see the liquid rise to the surface of the applicator. It's the simple things people!
This powder has a beautiful finish. It is great if you just want a sheer foundation alone or also nice over a liquid foundation. I let my tween wear it and it has a great finish.
What drugstore finds are you loving right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment