Monday, August 29, 2011

Cheerleading bucket

My daughter does Upward Cheerleading and I love it.  We are very intentional about what activities to be involved in and this was a conscious choice because she needed more confidence, it doesn't over commit our time and it is very affordable.  I love that there is one game and one practice a week for about 2 months as well as the positive Christian environment.   My job this year was to help buy items and design the "cheer buckets" that would hold all their "accessories" (poms, megaphones, etc) and it provides a great place for them to sit before and after games.
We got 5 gallon buckets from Wal-Mart and I made a seat cushion using supplies from Hobby Lobby.  The blue cloth was some scrap felt and just some silver trim.  I traced around and then cut some Poly-Foam for the top, hot glued the felt around it and then hot glued it to the lid.  I then hot glued the trim all around and added stickers from the Homecoming Mum section and Scrapbooking sections.



1 comment:

  1. I am so glad I found your blog on pinterest :) I am Cheer Director for upward this year and I want to make these so glad I found out how from your post :)

    ReplyDelete